For the past two weeks, I've been asked the same question of, "Aren't you so excited?" and everytime, my answer was, "Not yet". Now that the last email has been sent, and the last task crossed off the list, I really hoped that the excitement feelings would kick in. But the reality is, I'm exhausted. Due to work responsibilities and to-do lists, my tank is empty and all I can think about is sleep. Hopefully I can do some of that on the plane.
However, over the past two weeks, I've had so many enjoyable dinners and get-togethers with friends, and I am deeply touched at everyone for being so supportive and excited for me. It has kept me energized and sane in the midst of all the craziness.
Thursday evening, I met up with folks from my running club for a little farewell. In addition, Greg, the head of our club and a dear old friend, was celebrating his birthday that day. We met up in the Castro (my old neighborhood) and I can't thank Linda and Jon enough for organizing. They are such great running partners, and I look forward to running with them on Saturday mornings. It will be strange not to have them on vacation with me during my runs!

No comments:
Post a Comment